Automox Worklet Overview: Install Slack on Windows
The purpose of this worklet is to install Slack software on Windows systems.
You can assign this Worklet to any number of your Windows groups and execute the policy. You can also set the Worklet to tun on a schedule like any other Worklet.
To create this Worklet, use the evaluation and remediation code scripts located here in the original posting on the Automox community.
- The evaluation code checks to see if Slack is installed on the group devices. The script queries the installed files for 32- and 64-bit software and returns a 0 if the product is installed, or 1 if not.
- The remediation code allows an admin to install Slack. This script downloads the system-wide-slack installer. Once downloaded, when a user logs in the program checks to see if Slack is installed. If Slack is not installed, the program installs it in the background. If a user has uninstalled Slack, this will not reinstall it.
Step-by-Step: Create an Automox Worklet
Before deploying an Automox Worklet to the production environment, we suggest testing this on a few devices to confirm its accuracy. If you have any questions, please contact our support team for technical assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To deploy this endpoint hardening Worklet, do the following:
- Log in to your Automox Console.
- Navigate to the System Management page and click Create Policy in the upper right-hand section of the screen.
- Choose Windows under Worklet.
- Copy and paste the Remediation code scripts [located here].
- Define a schedule for when you want this policy to run.
- Click Create Worklet.
- Assign Worklet to a group or multiple groups and click Save Changes.
- [Optional] To execute Worklet manually, click the Execute Policy Now button.
About Automox Automated Patch Management
Facing growing threats and a rapidly expanding attack surface, understaffed and alert-fatigued organizations need more efficient ways to eliminate their exposure to vulnerabilities. Automox is a modern cyber hygiene platform that closes the aperture of attack by more than 80% with just half the effort of traditional solutions.
Cloud-native and globally available, Automox enforces OS & third-party patch management, security configurations, and custom scripting across Windows, Mac, and Linux from a single intuitive console. IT and SecOps can quickly gain control and share visibility of on-prem, remote and virtual endpoints without the need to deploy costly infrastructure.
Experience modern, cloud-native patch management today with a 15-day free trial of Automox and start recapturing more than half the time you're currently spending on managing your attack surface. Automox dramatically reduces corporate risk while raising operational efficiency to deliver best-in-class security outcomes, faster and with fewer resources.