Automox Worklet Overview: Automatic Upgrade to Windows 10 1909
This is a one-click automatic upgrade without needing to pre-deploy the 1909 .iso image to your devices. This Worklet will automatically build out the download link for 1909 based on your OS architecture, download the .iso image to your local system, mount the .iso image to a disk drive, and then automatically run the download setup all without any user interaction. It will remove the .iso after the installation completes.
To create this Worklet, use the evaluation and remediation code scripts located here in the original posting on the Automox community.
- The Evaluation code exits with a 1 if a device's OS version is less than 1909 and executes the policy at the scheduled time.
- Choose the setup.exe arguments you want when it performs the OS update. This is the last line of code in the Remediation block. By Default it is set to do a quiet install and automatically reboot the device to complete the upgrade.
Step-by-Step: Create an Automox Worklet
Before deploying an Automox Worklet to the production environment, we suggest testing this on a few devices to confirm its accuracy. If you have any questions, please contact our support team for technical assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To deploy this endpoint hardening Worklet, do the following:
- Log in to your Automox Console.
- Navigate to the System Management page and click Create Policy in the upper right-hand section of the screen.
- Choose Windows under Worklet.
- Copy and paste the Evaluation and Remediation code scripts [located here].
- Define a schedule for when you want this policy to run.
- Click Create Worklet.
- Assign Worklet to a group or multiple groups and click Save Changes.
- [Optional] To execute Worklet manually, click the Execute Policy Now button.
About Automox Automated Patch Management
Facing growing threats and a rapidly expanding attack surface, understaffed and alert-fatigued organizations need more efficient ways to eliminate their exposure to vulnerabilities. Automox is a modern cyber hygiene platform that closes the aperture of attack by more than 80% with just half the effort of traditional solutions.
Cloud-native and globally available, Automox enforces OS & third-party patch management, security configurations, and custom scripting across Windows, Mac, and Linux from a single intuitive console. IT and SecOps can quickly gain control and share visibility of on-prem, remote and virtual endpoints without the need to deploy costly infrastructure.
Experience modern, cloud-native patch management today with a 15-day free trial of Automox and start recapturing more than half the time you're currently spending on managing your attack surface. Automox dramatically reduces corporate risk while raising operational efficiency to deliver best-in-class security outcomes, faster and with fewer resources.